Our Management Committee is made up of a number of Trustees who work together to ensure the charity is run to a very high standard. Trustees meet approximately five times throughout the year and may be asked to commit to meetings to follow up on actions, provide advice, and input into areas of work relevant to their areas of expertise.
Treasurer Job Purpose
To Maintain and improve the company's financial standing, guide financial policy, advise regarding investment opportunities, assess and manage financial risks.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with Committee members to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow Committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at Committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption, working with the Finance Manager.
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A professional background in Finance.
- Knowledge and experience of current finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
The closing date is Friday 21st February 2020